Radiation Therapist – Seattle VA Puget Sound Health Care System Seattle, WA
$3665 weekly gross pay!
Base pay + Health & Wellness + Lodging + Per Diem
To be assigned to VA Puget Sound Health Care – Veterans Affairs in Seattle, WA 98108
- Radiation therapy: 1+ year (Required)
- ARRT Certification (Required)
Full Job Description
Seeking a Radiation Therapist to assist with maintaining our program alongside our full-time radiation therapist.
Job Duties include:
- Preparation for electronic brachytherapy patient treatments included but not limited to consult assistance, simulations, software readiness, and other tasks as assigned by Practice Administrator and Radiation Oncologist
- Logistics as needed for patient treatments and clinic coordination
- Treatment charting and documentation in software
- Scheduling patients as needed
- Maintenance of the machine, equipment, accessories, consumables, etc. as needed.
- Daily QA
- Daily Treatments
- New Patient Preparation, Simulation and Planning
- End of Day Procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of a JCAHO-accredited program in radiation therapy.
- Current certification by the ARRT (any state)
- Current valid license by the US (any state) Department of Health as a Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist.
Here is the layout of our department:
- 2 Elekta Synergy accelerators
- 1 GE wide bore CT simulator
- 3 therapists, one on limited duty
- Average of 15 patients per day
- No SRS, SBRT
- We will be installing a Varian Truebeam as of April, thus will be down to one Synergy accelerator until commissioning and ready to beam on
- The need for the contract therapist will be to cover for training, vacations